- 1 can (425g) cream style corn
- 1 brick (250ml) sweetened condensed milk
- a pinch of fine salt
- a tbsp of white sugar (optional)
- a few drops of yellow food color
- coconut cream (kakang-gata):
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 pc (400 g) coconut, grated
- coconut milk (pangalawang gata):
- 1-¾ cup warm water
- (used) coconut, grated
In a large bowl, place ingredients for coconut cream. Mash and squeeze. Put coconut cream extract in a non-stick wok. Place in medium fire, cook until coconut cream turns to latik. Stirring very often. Set aside.
While cooking the coconut cream. Do the coconut milk, mash and squeeze. Place coconut milk extract in a non-stick medium casserole. Add the first-four ingredients. Mix well. Place over medium-high fire. Stir continuously until it thickens.
Line with banana leaves and lightly grease a “bilao” or platter, or 5 plastic microwavable round containers (250 ml) with coconut oil (from latik). Place and divide cooked mixture into greased containers . Top with latik generously, press latik lightly unto cooked mixture while still hot. Let it cool.