- 2 tbsps + 4 tbsps
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 thin slices of ginger
- 2 tbsps of soy sauce
- 1/3 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 kg chicken thigh & leg, cut into small serving portions
- 2 tbsps all purpose flour
- 2-3 tbsps cream of mushroom powder
- 1-1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp of iodized coarse salt
- 3 cloves of finely crushed garlic
- 3 pcs (200 grams) white onion, thickly sliced
- 2 pcs finger chilis, seeded and cut into strips
In a bowl, combine the first-five ingredients. Mix well. Stand while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
In a another bowl, put the cream of mushroom powder and water. Stir until it dissolves. Set aside.
Using a non-stick pan, put 2 tbsps of oil. Heat thoroughly. Saute garlic until light brown only. Add the onion and finger chilis. Stir-fry for 10 seconds. Remove from pan. Set aside.
Back to the pan, put the rest of the cooking oil. While waiting for it to get hot. Remove the garlic and ginger slices from the marinade (reserve the marinade please!). Then, dust the chicken with flour on all sides. Fry the chicken until half-done only.
Meanwhile, put the reserved marinade to the mushroom powder and water mixture. Blend well. When chicken is done. Pour the mixture. Add salt. Mix. Cover. Bring to boil. Simmer in low fire for 20-25 minutes (turning once) or until desire thickness of sauce. Remove from fire. Put the garlic-onion-chili stir-fry. Mix well.
Serve with hot cooked rice.