One of my Little One's favorite viand. I used spareribs instead of pork belly, less fat but still juicy and tasty without sacrificing the taste (",)
Good for 6 servings
- 850 grams of pork ribs, cut up in small portions
- 4 cups rice wash or water
- 2 large red plump tomatoes, topped
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 tsps of iodized rock salt
- 1 small pouch of sinigang powder
- 6 pcs okra, remove both ends
- 8 pcs string beans (sitaw), cut at 2" length
- 3 pcs finger chilis (siling haba)
- a bunch of swamp cabbage (kangkong), leaves & tender stalks only
In a casserole, place the first-two ingredients. Cover. Bring to boil (remove scum as it arises). Add the next-three ingredients. Cover again. Bring to boil. Then, reduce fire to low. Simmer 45 minutes.
Increase fire to medium-high, mashed the tomatoes carefully. Put the sinigang powder, okra and string beans. Cover. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Add in the chilis and swamp cabbage. Cook until done.
Serve with rice.