Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"Lolo Pinghoi's Bulalo Soup"


I went to my Little One's school earlier today to get his report card. After that, I went to RFC to do some grocery. My kiddo's grades are good, though, according to his adviser, he's so "makulit" lately! Well, no doubt about it 'coz when the new year began, he has no physical activities whatsoever! He's like that when he's bored and his energy level just keeps going up!! I haven't been able to accompany him to the ice rink to skate and his Kumon also stopped. I was sick because of my left ear. I have the doctor called, "Chronic Otitis Media" and one more which I dont know the name! All I know it has infected the bones of my ear. It's really painful. My sense of balance was affected too. For several days I was just in bed resting.

Back to the grocery store, I bought pork sinigang "bulalo ng baboy" and some stuff we dont have here in the house. This dish is easy to cook, you basically just dumped the ingredients. And the best about this viand, I don't need to nag my kid to eat! He loves radish and the bone marrow "utak sa buto", which he calls "taba". And one more thing about this recipe, I learned this from my Daddy, who also loved to cook.


Good for 2-3 servings.


You'll need:
  • 1 pc of pork sinigang, cut up
  • rice wash or water
  • 1 medium red onion, quartered
  • 1 large, about 250-300 grams of radish, quartered & cut at 3" length
  • 1 pc pork cube
  • 1 pc chicken cube

for the dipping sauce:
  • labuyo
  • kalamansi
  • fish sauce (patis)


Here's how:

Place the pork in a casserole. Level with rice wash or water. Cover. Place over high heat. Bring to boil (Remove scum as it arises).

Add in the rest of ingredients. Mix. Cover. Bring to boil again. Then, lower fire. Simmer for an hour and 20 minutes.

That's it! Best with rice.... lots of rice (",) and the dipping sauce!

No comments: