Friday, May 25, 2007

"Quick Pork & Squash Recipe"


It's been over a month since I post something on this blog. I've been very busy with my little one's skating. Almost everyday we are at the rink practicing and polishing his skating. If ever I'm at home, it's time for the household chores. Luckily, my hubby is around to help me. He's still here for his vacation, still thinking if he will go back or not to his work abroad.

I will post very soon my son's pictures and if possible his video c",)

Last night, we had a late snack (merienda), plain congee (lugaw) topped with lots of toasted garlic & tokwa't baboy at around 6pm. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take pictures of it, we were too hungry! We had our dinner at around 10.30 pm... hehehe! It's almost like midnight snack! My hubby requested something with veggie. So, for a quick fix, which by the way, I didn't feel like cooking, I came up with this recipe.


You'll need:
  • 2 tbsps of cooking oil
  • 3 cloves
  • 1 large onion
  • 2 red plump tomatoes
  • 1 slab (250 grams) pork belly
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce
  • 1-1/2 tbsp of soy sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 slice (300 grams) squash, seeded & skinned


Here' how:

Clean pork. Cut into 1/2" x 2" cube. Set aside. Cut squash into 1" cube. Set aside.

Finely mince together the onion and tomatoes. Using a mortar and pestle, pound finely the garlic.

In a wok, put oil. Heat thoroughly. Put garlic. Saute until rich golden brown in color. Add the onion and tomatoes. Cook until limp. Put pork, pepper & fish sauce. Stir-fry until pork changes color. Pour the soy sauce and water. Put the lid on. Bring to boil. Then, reduce heat to low for 18-20 minutes.

Add the squash. Increase heat to medium-high. Cover. Cook the squash until done, about 6-8 minutes.

Serve with warm cooked rice.

No comments: